What is pp plastic? Introduction of PP material
PP material properties and advantages
The full name of PP is polypropylene, which has many excellent properties:
1. The relative density is small, only 0.89-0.91, which is one of the lightest varieties of plastics.
2. Good mechanical properties, except for impact resistance, other mechanical properties are better than polyethylene, and the molding processing performance is good.
3. It has high heat resistance, and the continuous use temperature can reach 110-120℃.
4. It has good chemical properties, hardly absorbs water, and does not react with most chemicals.
5. The texture is pure, non-toxic and tasteless, and can be used for food packaging.
6. Good electrical insulation properties.
7. The transparency of PP products is better than that of HDPE products.
Why does the PP you get in your hand have a bad smell?
PP material is non-toxic and tasteless.
If the PP plastic products you use feel a lot of odor, it must be caused by the poor quality of plastic raw materials, which may be toxic.
Therefore, it is recommended that you do not use the smelly PP plastic products for food.
How to tell if a plastic bottle can hold hot water?
The high temperature resistance of PP material is around 110°C~120°C, and it is no problem to use it for hot water.
The bottom of the bottle made of PP is this symbol: the triangle symbol is "No. 5".
If your product needs hot filling, then choosing PP material is your best choice.
This is our PP bottle to show you its heat resistance and its transparency.
Is PP material eco-friendly?
PP plastic material is not biodegradable, but as long as the changed properties are properly used and then physically processed, waste PP plastic can be recycled and regenerated.
1. Direct recycling
Waste PP plastic will be directly recycled and recycled, usually made into garden pots or water buckets.
2. Chemical recycling
In the process of producing polypropylene in chemical plants, 5% to 10% amorphous random polypropylene by-products (APP) will be produced, and APP can be added to concrete or asphalt as a filling material. APP has good adhesion and is suitable for use as a binder for various substances. For example, APP is mixed with PP and ash to make concrete, and aluminum slag is mixed to make bricks; APP can also be mixed and melted with asphalt and coated on Paper or cloth as roof material, etc.
For more details, please pay attention to the update of this website.